RE: EM12c metric collection error on ADG standby system [SOLVED]

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2014 13:49:20 -0500 (CDT)

Hey all,

> When I first created the standby and added it to EM12c, it automagically put
> it into a blackout. So I took it out of blackout. And then the metric
> collection error. EM12c says "No key members found. Availability cannot be
> calculated" on the associated incident.

With advice here, I did some troubleshooting on the EM target, eventually dropping the DB target (and then the "system" target via emcli, due to a known bug) and then re-adding it to EM12c manually using a sysdba connection for monitoring.

The new target and it's system came up fine! And then the system went under blackout again. This time I concentrated my search on EM12c system targets with no members going under automatic blackout and I found MOS 1918749.1. The article says that EM recognizes the DB as a standby and "moves" it to the primary's system. Because the original system target then has no members, it gets put into permanent blackout and can then be dropped (via emcli again).

I verified that the primary's system target has the standby DB in it, and have dropped the standby system target. All green again!

Thanks all!
Rich