RE: 11.2 dbua is slow

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2014 13:58:03 -0400

Are you talking about the xwindows-like graphics?

IF SO, there have been plenty of threads here and elsewhere about setting that up in a way that is less painful.

I’m sorry I can’t remember the consensus (or if there was one) on the very best way, but 2 or 3 ways exist to may it fairly usable.

(There IS something truly EVIL about a dba-tool that consumes resources on painting pretty pictures and marketing and has no option to skip the graphics. The “Universal” [meaning it is the only one we have, not that it runs easily anywhere] Installer and ilk replaced tools you could use from anywhere with a 300baud connection.)

I’d search the archives on that or describe the problem a bit more if I didn’t guess the right topic about what was slow.

mwf

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Patrice sur GMail Sent: Friday, October 03, 2014 4:01 PM
To: ORACLE-L
Subject: 11.2 dbua is slow

I was in all night last night... takes forever to upgrade 11.2 instances with that thing on unix.

  • Patrice

My profiles: <http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100000206805521> Facebook <http://ca.linkedin.com/pub/patrice-boivin/a/933/5a9> LinkedIn <http://www.twitter.com/PatriceBoivin> Twitter

Signature powered by <http://www.wisestamp.com/email-install> WiseStamp