About PDB CONTAINERS Clause in 12.1.0.2

From: <Kamus_at_Gmail>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 14:34:14 -0700

Hi lists
I’m trying the new features of 12.1.0.2, one of them is PDB CONTAINERS clause, let us aggregate data across many PDBs from the root. But I can’t try it out just like the “New Feature” said: SELECT ename FROM CONTAINERS(scott.emp) WHERE CON_ID IN (45, 49);

I have to follow the process that mentioned in “Administrators Guide” to achieve the goal:

1. create a common user can access the that table (e.g., scott.emp) in all the PDBs
2. create a view as select * from that table in all the PDBs by common user
3. create a blank table in CDB$ROOT exactly the same name as that table, then we can count(*) aggregately
4. If want to query the column data, should add the same column into the blank table in CDB, data type is irrelevant, just need the same column name.

Although the above process looks flexible, but a little cumbersome.

Is the “New Feature” manual wrong? Or do I miss something?

--

Kamus <kamusis_at_gmail.com>

Visit my blog for more : http://www.dbform.com Join ACOUG: http://www.acoug.org

--