Re: Automatic startup / shutdow Oracle 12c

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 11:25:19 +0100

for an old fashioned 12c database writing a standard init.d script in line with your Linux distro's guidelines still works just fine. http://www.oracle-base.com/articles/linux/automating-database-startup-and-shutdown-on-linux.php should give you some heads up if you are using a RHEL clone below version 7, but you'll also want to look at the documentation for your O/S for startup scripts. eg for SLES
https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles11/book_sle_admin/data/sec_boot_init.html#sec_boot_init_skripte

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA