RE: Peoplesoft and reporting instance...

From: Chris Grabowy <cgrabowy_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2014 05:13:51 -0400

Hemant,

That appears to be a way to throttle the resource hogging reporting. We will have to look into that.

I guess I will have to sit down with the Peoplesoft documentation.

Thanks,

Chris

From: Chitale, Hemant K [mailto:Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com] Sent: Tuesday, September 30, 2014 10:43 PM To: cgrabowy_at_gmail.com
Cc: ORACLE-L
Subject: RE: Peoplesoft and reporting instance...

Never tried this .... but ... how about looking at "Working With Oracle Consumer Groups" at

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24150_01/pt851h2/eng/psbooks/tadm/chapter.htm?Fil e=tadm/htm/tadm13.htm%23g037ee99c9453fb39_ef90c_10c791ddc07__7b21

Hemant K Chitale

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Chris Grabowy Sent: Wednesday, October 01, 2014 4:59 AM To: 'ORACLE-L'
Subject: Peoplesoft and reporting instance...

Peoplesoft DBAs,

The manager of the Peoplesoft application is having an issue with end users submitting resource hogging reports.

We are trying to come up with a solution to solve this issue.

One option is to throttle the resources those reports use. Has anyone else done this successfully? This might be an immediate option to at least "control" the performance issues.

Second option is to move the production database to RAC. Cost is the big issue here.

Third option is Active Dataguard. There is a cost component to this solution. But it appears this is NOT an option since the end users want to be able to change the reports and the reports are stored in the database.

Anyway, I am wondering what other Peoplesoft sites have done? Any ideas? Thoughts? Insults?

Thanks,

Chris Grabowy

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html.