Re: Re: User equiv and "oracle" lockdown

From: Alessandro Vercelli <alever22_at_zoho.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 17:49:45 +0200

Anyway, trying to find a nexus of different point of view (Sysadmin and DBA), I'd configure a pattern selective passwordless ssh for the oracle users of those specific hosts.

In detail, in sshd_config file it's possible to put some directives like:

# Disable Public Key auth
PubkeyAuthentication no

At the end of file, the last directive

# Enable Public Key auth only from specific users/host(s) Match User oracle_at_racnode

      PubkeyAuthentication yes

More details:
http://www.openbsd.org/cgi-bin/man.cgi/OpenBSD-current/man5/sshd_config.5?query=sshd_config https://raymii.org/s/tutorials/Limit_access_to_openssh_features_with_the_Match_keyword.html

Alessandro