RE: course for DBAs in bureaucracies?

From: Freeman, Donald G. CTR (ABL) <"Freeman,>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 15:29:16 +0000

What you are describing is Organizational Theory or Behavior and insight into these things is certainly an important part of work life. One way to be happy in work is keep your expectations low :D. You won't always get credit for every good thing you do and occasionally you will get some unwarranted blame. The trick is to keep the needle somewhere in the middle.

This is called "getting wiser." When considering when to take some action I reflect on the words of the Serenity Prayer, "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Based on that advice I'm a lot less reactionary than I used to be and a lot less likely to go off the cliff with a doomed project or idea. Wow, we're being reflective today and it's not even Friday!