Re: Larry Ellison is stepping down as Oracle's CEO

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 15:13:14 -0600

On 19/09/2014 3:04 PM, Dennis Williams wrote:

> ​With that type of money, you would assume there was a better
> purpose. Back in the day, Bill Gates was probably as ruthless a
> businessman, but at least he has spent his later years putting his
> money to good use. What I've heard of Larry he probably has a plan
> to take it with him up into the cloud.​

I'd say his annual philanthropy, together with his philosophy that philanthropy is personal and NOT something to advertise, is actually not a bad thing.

For you to think about, here are some relevant links:

http://philanthropy.com/article/No-26-Lawrence-Ellison/144455/
http://philanthropy.com/blogs/philanthropytoday/larry-ellisons-foundation-gives-100-million-for-polio-work/81301
http://givingpledge.org/pdf/letters/Ellison_Letter.pdf

/Hans