Re: RAC Attack will be at Oracle Open World 2014 (Sunday 9/28/2014)

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 18:08:09 +0100

Good news - I may find the CBO a doddle, but I've been putting off my 12c RAC install for months.

Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://jonathanlewis.wordpress.com/all-postings

Author: Oracle Core (Apress 2011)
http://www.apress.com/9781430239543

  • Original Message ----- From: "Bobby Curtis" <curtisbl_at_gmail.com> To: "ORACLE-L" <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Wednesday, September 10, 2014 6:02 PM Subject: RAC Attack will be at Oracle Open World 2014 (Sunday 9/28/2014)

Going to Oracle Open World this year? If so, join the RAC SIG at the OTN Lounge on Sunday, 9/28/2014 from 9 am - 3 pm PST for RAC Attack!!!!

During the workshop you learn how to setup one of the most complex infrastructures on your laptop. Learn how to configure and clone virtual machines, how to create and setup internal and external virtual networks, create different storage types, setup a local DNS server and other challenging components.

At the completion of the workshop, you will have a fully functional test/sandbox environment for virtually and product.

To participate in the workshop, participants need to bring their own laptop. Recommended specs are as follows:

  1. Any 64-bit OS that supports Oracle Virtual Box
  2. 8GB of RAM
  3. 45GB free HDD space

To speed up the process onsite, it is also helpful to download the following products from the Oracle Technology Network:

  1. Oracle Virtual Box
  2. Oracle Enterprise Linux (6.4 or later)
  3. Oracle Database 12c EE (12.1.0.2)
  4. Oracle Grid Infrastructure 12c EE (12.1.0.2)

Hope to see everyone there!

Thanks
Bobby Curtis
curtisbl_at_gmail.com