Re: Problem with cluster_database parameter

From: Saad Khan <saad4u_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 17:54:19 -0400

So I reset the system today by issueing following:
alter system reset cluster_database scope=spfile sid='orcl051';
alter system reset cluster_database scope=spfile sid='ocrl021';
alter system reset cluster_database scope=spfile sid='orcl21';
alter system reset cluster_database scope=spfile sid='*';

It left the two entries orcl021 and orcl022. But when I restarted the database, it brought back these (prevously reset) entries again.

I then had to recreate the spfile after editing pfile and leaving only following:

*.cluster_database=true

But restarting the database from node 1 via srvctl caused issue with instance 2 (orcl2)

Question: Is the right parameter to be left in spfile be *.cluster_database or it should be orcl1.cluster_database and orcl2.cluster_database??

Thanks.