Re: 12c pluggable database shared SGA question

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 12:57:08 +0800

Regarding "I am, however, skeptical that there is any problem getting enough DRAM bolted to modern CPUs"

This is true, but there (sadly) is large difference between what the hardware is capable of, what the incredible cheap cost is.... versus some infrastructure manager stuck in the 90's quibbling over an extra 16G to bring the server up to a "ridiculous" 48G....

sigh....

I know some clients who are "excited" at multitenant as a way of reducing their total SGA and they remain excited no matter how many times you tell them just to head down the local IT shop and ffs just buy more RAM.....

--
Connor McDonald

"If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room."
- Jayne Howard