Re: update user

From: David Fitzjarrell <oratune_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 12:32:55 -0700

If the user account in question does not have the CREATE ANY EDITION privilege then it shouldn't be an issue since no editions can be created by that user. You might want to read here: Using Application Editions To Make Upgrades Less Painful — DatabaseJournal.com Using Application Editions To Make Upgrades Less Painful... Oracle 11g Application editions are a very useful addition to an already world-class database, allowing developers to make changes to existing tables and schemas wi... View on www.databasejourna... Preview by Yahoo David Fitzjarrell Principal author, "Oracle Exadata Survival Guide" On Tuesday, September 16, 2014 11:51 AM, Kim Berg Hansen <kibeha_at_gmail.com> wrote: It'd have to be something unsupported. Quote from the docs of ALTER USER statement at http://docs.oracle.com/database/121/SQLRF/statements_4003.htm#i2058207 : ENABLE EDITIONS This clause is not reversible. Flashback database to return all metadata to the state before? (Probably not an option ;-) Regards Kim Berg Hansen http://dspsd.blogspot.com kibeha_at_gmail.com _at_kibeha On Tue, Sep 16, 2014 at 7:42 PM, Zelli, Brian <Brian.Zelli_at_roswellpark.org> wrote: I have a user that I accidently checked to enable editions. How do I change that? I found it in the dba_users view but am trying to find the underlying tables that holds that column. Or if there is another way to return it to the N state for that particular user…… > > >Brian > > >This email message may contain legally privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), or the employee or agent responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of this email message is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete this email message from your computer. Thank you.