Problem with cluster_database parameter

From: Saad Khan <saad4u_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 17:14:09 -0400

This is 2 node cluster with Oracle database EE 11.1 on AIX 6.1

We are facing problem with restoring one of the test environments from production via RMAN.

Before refresh, we reset the parameter cluster_database to false for relevant instance with the following command: alter system set cluster_database=false scope=spfile sid='orcl021';

However, while trying to restart after refresh, both the instances couldnt start with error on cluster. Only one of them could. Error : CRS:resource not available

Now doing a little research I found that there were irrelevant entries for cluster_database parameter.

SELECT SID,NAME,VALUE,DISPLAY_VALUE FROM V$SPPARAMETER WHERE NAME='cluster_database'
sys_at_orcl021> /

SID NAME VALUE DISPL

---------- -------------------- ----- -----
orcl051 cluster_database FALSE FALSE
ocrl021 cluster_database FALSE FALSE
orcl21 cluster_database FALSE FALSE
* cluster_database FALSE FALSE
orcl022 cluster_database TRUE TRUE
orcl021 cluster_database TRUE TRUE

6 rows selected.

There should be only orcl021 and orcl022 entries.

How can we remove the other irrelevant entries. I know we can use "alter system reset cluster_database=true scope=spfile sid=" command but that wont delete the extra entries I assume.

Can you pllease let us know ASAP? Thanks.