Standard Edition Recycle Bin

From: Charlotte Hammond <charlottejanehammond_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 03:34:37 -0700

Hi All,

Just a quick sanity check :- is there any point in leaving the recycle bin enabled (the default) in SE/SE1? Since Flashback Table is not available in SE I don't see any point.

Hmm, I had thought that we were reasonably safe from accidentally using un-licenced features in SE and was expecting ORA-00439: feature not enabled for flashback table (rather than it actually working). I wish Oracle wouldn't enable stuff by default you can't actually use (particularly in SE when you don't even get the option to pay to use it). Fortunately this DB wasn't in commission yet, so I can call it evaluation(!), and go and rebuild it again without the recycle bin.....

Charlotte