Re: 12c pluggable database shared SGA question

From: Freek D'Hooge <freek.dhooge_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 20:11:06 +0200

Hans,

But with the current price setting, the reduction in cpu resources would need to be more then 33% (list price EE $47.500 and multitenant $17.500) ....
Which seems very high to me...

As a standard edition license cost for a cpu socket the same amount as for 1 PDB option (which licenses 2 intel cores), I think it would often make more sense to put less important databases on separate standard edition licensed servers instead of using PDB's.

If I look at my customers, I don't see any benefit for them (at least not with the current price tag).
Hence my question if there are people out there who have a real business case that justify the multitenant cost.

Kind regards,

Freek