Re: 12c pluggable database shared SGA question

From: Hans Forbrich <fuzzy.graybeard_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 21:07:34 -0600

You point out a valid concern.

I haven't explored the scenario yet, but, with the ease of cloning it might be feasible, if only one PDB is to be recovered in a 24 PDB environment, to perform the recovery on another CDB and clone back to the original CDB host. Yes, it could mean chewing through a lot of useless redo, but ...

One might also start to look at alternatives for some of the scenarios, such as Flashback DB, PDB cloning, Standby, etc. "Just because we've always done it 'that way' doesn't mean it needs to stay 'that way' in the future."

Personally, I'm more concerned about the scenario where I've cloned a PDB, perhaps to another CDB, and both the original and the clone need recovery to a point before the clone. The solution is 'obvious', but I feel the future requires the DBA to be even more aware of the database state and content. And for me this is all the more reason to get comfortable with OEM CC.

/Hans