Re: 12c pluggable database shared SGA question

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 15:34:09 -0500

Paresh,

That comment did not come from me, however, I believe it was originally made in the context of database consolidation in a non-multi-tenant versus a multi-tenant environment.

If you consolidate two databases onto a single server in 11g, you are duplicating all of the instance components. If you consolidate two databases as pluggables in a multi-tenant environment, you are only adding additional resources to the existing instance for the additional database. In comparison, the additional memory required is very small.

Seth Miller