Re: RMAN report need backup unexpected results

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2014 16:23:42 -0500

Ken,

Are you using a recovery catalog? If not, chances are your control file has not maintained enough RMAN records to satisfy your query. The CONTROL_FILE_RECORD_KEEP_TIME parameter dictates the minimum amount of days of records to keep and defaults to 7. It is likely that RMAN simply does not have enough information.

You can try creating a catalog or you can simply increase the CONTROL_FILE_RECORD_KEEP_TIME to 31, make sure all of your backups are cataloged and try the query again.

Seth Miller