Re: DBFS or ACFS for Flat Files and Dump Files

From: Ls Cheng <exriscer_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2014 13:05:38 +0200

Hi

I guess you are running RAC and that is why you are considering ACFS?

If you are using RAC then you should consider ACFS because it is a true Cluster Filesystem, DBFS is not.

If you want to protect flatfiles in a DG environment (I dont think it's necessary but depends on your requirement) then you should consider DBFS because it can be protected by the DG mechanism.

If you are running RAC + DG then I would still go for ACFS due to the concurrent access to the FS.

Also bear in mind that ACFS is supported in most platforms whereas DBFS only linux and solaris.

Thanks

On Fri, Aug 29, 2014 at 11:12 AM, Chitale, Hemant K <Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com