Re: SOX Reporting Requirement

From: David Barbour <david.barbour1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 12:28:12 -0500

I was trying to avoid triggers by using the built-in features. Fine-Grained Auditing provides the same functionality as db, extended on a table basis which gives me when and what the changes are, but not what the prior values were. Reading up on Mark B.'s suggestion involving Total Recall, it looks like that might fit the bill and alleviate concerns regarding undo retention as well.

I'll give it a try and let you know what happens.