RE: redo per second (size)on exadata ?

From: Powell, Mark <mark.powell2_at_hp.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2014 16:04:10 +0000

I imagine that the redo rate varies greatly between systems. How you looked to see what your past rate or redo generation happens to be? You ought to be able to use that as a comparison number or baseline. My main system appears to only generate between 30G – 40G of redo per day across both nodes. I have several other systems that generate far less.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of amihay gonen Sent: Thursday, August 28, 2014 6:55 AM To: ORACLE-L
Subject: redo per second (size)on exadata ?

Hi all,
I've been asked by our VP to give estimation what is consider heavy system OLTP in term of redo per bytes rate.

She told to to test our exadata machine with load of 80Mb per second per Node , and I've told her that I think it is too much .

if OLTP system with generate 80Mb* (2 nodes) per second that it means 576G per hour .

I wonder if anyone work with such systems , what is the typical redo rate ?

thanks
amihay