Re: Calculate additional space needed to reduce percent used on a tablespace

From: Wayne Smith <wts_at_maine.edu>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 00:06:19 -0400

David's calculation gives you the new total you want.

That is, what is the number when 60% of the number is 771,952? (See David's calculation).

Now you know the old total blocks and new total blocks. The difference (1,286,587-1,024,000) is the number of blocks you need to add, either by allowing current file(s) to get larger, or adding a new file of that size (262,587 blocks). Hint: for this last step you probably need to know the block size!
Cheers, Wayne