RE: OVM

From: Jack Applewhite <jack.applewhite_at_austinisd.org>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 19:55:48 +0000

Count us as an OVM fan. ?We recently moved all 25 or so of our Redhat Linux (on Dell servers) Oracle databases to two new ODAs. That includes all five or so of our Production DBs. We are very happy with the performance and robustness of the ODAs so far. We just recently completed application of the ODA 2.10.0.0.0 patch to our 2.8.0.0.0 ODAs. We were anxious, but it turned out wonderfully. Everything from the bios, to firmware, to ASM, to Grid, to OVM, etc. was patched. Our DBs are now at 11.2.0.4.2, which solves an LDAP authentication that we hit in the initial 11.2.0.4.0 DB version.

I am now a completely happy camper with the whole stack of ODA technology. So are our Users.

Jack C. Applewhite - Database Administrator Austin I.S.D. - MIS Department
512.414.9250 (wk)

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org <oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> on behalf of Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com> Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2014 2:44 PM To: d.s.zechman_at_csuohio.edu
Cc: 'ORACLE-L' (oracle-l_at_freelists.org) Subject: Re: OVM

We have a lot of people using VMware effectively in a production environment. Haven't seen many using OVM.

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 13, 2014, at 1:53 PM, Derek S Zechman <d.s.zechman_at_csuohio.edu<mailto:d.s.zechman_at_csuohio.edu>> wrote:

Good Afternoon,

We currently have OVM up and running but our Systems group claims it is unstable and that NO ONE uses it as a production environment. Now I know that to be false so I was curious if anyone on the list is using it and can share any information that I can bounce back to our group to prove them wrong :).

Thanks,
Sean

Confidentiality Notice: This email message, including all attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential student and/or employee information. Unauthorized use of disclosure is prohibited under the federal Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. §1232g, 34 CFR Part 99, 19 TAC 247.2, Gov't Code 552.023, Educ. Code 21.355, 29 CFR 1630.14(b)(c)). If you are not the intended recipient, you may not use, disclose, copy or disseminate this information. Please call the sender immediately or reply by email and destroy all copies of the original message, including attachments.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Aug 13 2014 - 21:55:48 CEST

Original text of this message