Oracle vs SQL Server

From: Stéphane Faroult <sfaroult_at_roughsea.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2014 20:11:50 +0200

For those of you who have developers working on several DBMS products, a friend of mine did a presentation a few months ago to share her experience of learning (and later teaching) Oracle and then landing in a SQL Server shop. She came up with a title "You're Not in Kansas Anymore" and a story line, and I helped her with her slide deck - it was rather fun to make, kind of four-hand piano, and the funnier of all is that then I had no idea I would be teaching at Kansas State University for a while (starting this fall). I have just uploaded this presentation to Youtube.

If you expect slides with tables of feature comparisons, be ready for a shock.

Here is the link:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLfIMjyfW_SqoBr6YFJpZ7cx86xTWi0ghx

Hope you will find it useful.

--