Re: Slightly OT: Hotel recommendation for OOW 2014

From: Matthew Zito <matt_at_crackpotideas.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 15:07:22 -0400

I haven't been to OOW in a year or two due to shifting work priorities (less database work, alas), but for the previous few years I *always* rented an apartment through AirBNB, mostly because I was always figuring out my travel plans last minute when even red roof inns wanted $400/night.

Things to know about renting an airbnb for OOW: - remember that you probably won't be on one of the OOW shuttle routes, so figure out how far the bus or BART is to get to the moscone - expect to spend some money on cabs coming home in the evening, which can be *extremely* difficult due to the chaos and congestion around moscone - Being unable to go back to a nearby hotel in the middle of the day was always inconvenient for me because I'd have these weird two-hour gaps, which wasn't enough time to get to whatever apartment I was in, and sitting around the moscone was awful.

Matt