Re: rowid value

From: Kim Berg Hansen <kibeha_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 10:15:53 +0200

Exactly.

If the idea of deleting the "higher" ROWID is to delete the "newest" row, that is not at all certain. But if the rows are identical duplicates, that shouldn't matter ;-)

But supposing there are a *lot* of duplicates to remove (someone by mistake ran a big import job twice, for example), wouldn't always picking "higher" ROWID to delete be somewhat helpful in that there's a bigger chance of clearing space by "emptying" blocks?

Regards

Kim Berg Hansen

http://dspsd.blogspot.com
kibeha_at_gmail.com