log file switch - checkpoint incomplete and db file sequential

From: Eriovaldo Andrietta <ecandrietta_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2014 14:09:15 -0300

Hello,

I have a session that is running for around 3 hours (for 1200.000 lines) and just 1 commit. And now events I can see are :

 *log file switch - checkpoint incomplete* db file sequential,
free buffer waits

I got in the net, the following explanation for it : The *log file switch - checkpoint incomplete* event tells you that Oracle wants to reuse a redo log file, but the current checkpoint position is still in that log file. This results in redo generation being stopped until the log switch is done. Obviously not good!

My doubt is: my session will return for COMMIT ? Oracle will release the redo ?

Or must I abort it and control the number of COMMIT´s by code ?

Regards
Eriovaldo