Re: OEL 7

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist3_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2014 20:23:59 -0500 (CDT)

> It wouldnt really be such a big deal maybe, but some of the packages
> included dont make much sense. I mean, how many people need bluetooth on a
> server? A lot of places dont want firefox on a server, but that is
> installed by default, and while you may not need a full xwin install, most
> people use xclock to verify that its working. I really think the package
> selection conversation (or lack thereof) is probably the most irritating
> piece.

And let's not forget MOS 401167.1 that implies that the games package is a requirement for a supported OL installation for the Oracle DB. A few years ago, a colleague was told by Support that he needed to install that before they'd help troubleshoot Oracle on his OL server (OL5, I think).

Games. And I thought playing Guild Wars was just for fun and not a job requirement to install my Enterprise database software...

Rich