Re: OEL 7

From: Justin Mungal <justin_at_n0de.ws>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 19:37:29 -0500

So it sounds like they made it completely different from the RHEL7 installation GUI, and it's also awful? I'll have to check it out sometime. The last OL I used was version 6 for some 12c testing. It worked fine. I recall manually disabling SELinux and iptables after the install, however I'm not sure if that could have been done during the installation or not. Looking at some screenshots I have of the OL 6 installation, it looks like firstboot is no longer there (which is where I would disable SELinux and iptables in CentOS 5).