Re: OEL 7

From: William Muriithi <william.muriithi_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 19:57:41 -0400

> Yeah, that would be interesting to know. To explain further, they have
several groups of packages you can choose for installation, but there there is no way to pick and choose individual packages, eg X windows or gnome desktop, only groups, eg network server. If that is intended to copy RHEL, I would have to say neither one has a good understanding of their user base.

You could install minimal, then install whatever you need post operating system install. You can install individual rpm instead of groups then.

> Also, selinux and firewall are installed and enabled by default and have
to be manually disabled.

Odd, why is this bad? So many current security problems are due to vendors defaulting to insecure setup. They seem to be thinking twice about it these days. Heck, even windows by default have the firewall enabled.

William