Re: Opatch auto and patch shared-home

From: Justin Mungal <justin_at_n0de.ws>
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 02:51:42 -0500

Disregard, I missed the "shared home" part. The supplemental patch instructions for the JUL2014 PSU (Oracle Grid Infrastructure 11.2.0.4.x Patch Set Update SUPPLEMENTAL README (Doc ID 1641136.1)) states that the RAC databases must be stopped before patching the shared home, meaning that no RAC database instances will be running.

If you have a shared home for 2 databases, you'd have to take down both databases in order to patch the home. If you want to run databases at different patch levels, they should be run from separate homes.