Re: Standby redo logs

From: Justin Mungal <justin_at_n0de.ws>
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2014 22:23:19 -0500

Be careful with your wording, because even with standby redo logs you can't ensure zero data loss unless you're running in maximum protection mode.

I would recommend configuring standby redo logs because instead of applying redo in batches as archive logs arrive at the standby, you can use real-time apply (requires standby redo logs) to stream redo continuously to the standby. This generally lowers potential data loss and can also improve fail over times.

Oh, and while you're busy reading the docs... check out the Data Guard Broker if you haven't already...