Re: Oracle 12c Inmemory - don't stop thinking

From: Kevin Closson <ora_kclosson_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 14:30:59 -0700

I see your point Kerry.  Would you concede that, perhaps, just perhaps, shipping with the top-level parameter INMEMORY_QUERY set to DISABLE would be a little more sensible? That's how RAC is..top-level disabled.

> Then you have to tell Oracle which objects you want to populate the column store with, generally with an alter table or alter partition statement per object.

This is not correct. I proved otherwise in Part II. You may argue the proof was too far fetched as you wish and I won't argue that.