Re: List Available Disk Devices in Solaris

From: Ryan January <rjanuary_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:36:08 -0500

If format is what you want to use, an old hack is piping null as an input. "echo | format" or "format < /dev/null"

if you're planning on using it in a script, you may look at devinfo, in particular the -i and -p arguments. The data contained there (block size + blocks) should give you what you need to calculate disk size. However, I'm not certain it works with EFI labeled disks. In that case the only tool I know to use is prtvtoc.