List Available Disk Devices in Solaris

From: Seth Miller <sethmiller.sm_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 15:26:52 -0500

I'm trying to list the available disk devices in Solaris 11.2. Using the format command gives me the device name and some attributes but I can't include it in a script since, the command by itself prompts to select a device. There must be an easier way to do this.

My requirements are:

  • List the device name of the available disk devices
  • Include the approximate size or some other attribute that allows me to easily differentiate one device from another
  • Do not prompt for input so that the information can be used in a script

Seth Miller