Re: Oracle 12c Inmemory - don't stop thinking

From: Kevin Closson <ora_kclosson_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 12:09:59 -0700

If the following parameter was set to DISABLE by default there'd be no conversation on this matter.

INMEMORY_QUERY This initialization parameter specifies whether in-memory queries are allowed. Set this parameter toENABLE, the default value, to allow queries to access database objects populated in the IM column store, or set this parameter to DISABLE to disable access to the database objects populated in the IM column store.