Re: RAC Multiple Instance vs Service vs Serverpool

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2014 08:31:06 -0700

Thanks Ludovico On Sunday, July 27, 2014 5:16 PM, Ludovico Caldara <ludovico.caldara_at_gmail.com> wrote: Hi Sanjay, my answers are below your questions... 2014-07-27 22:29 GMT+02:00 Sanjay Mishra <dmarc-noreply_at_freelists.org>: Serverpool is still dark as not clear that if a service srvA is running on two node ServerPool as singleton service and if that node goes down, it will relocate to second node and raise question  like > > * What will happen and how fast is this relocation done automatically by Oracle The service is relocated ONLY in case of instance/server crash. If you consciounsly shutdown your database (even srvctl stop instance -o abort) the service will be stopped. So you have to relocate it first in case of shutdown. This is weird... but... the expected behavior, I presume. Usually it takes 2-3 seconds, to relocate the service AND your session.   * If the original node is back, does this singleton service comes back to original node or will stay on second node like ole Service concept until manually relocated to original or required node. No, it will stay where it is unless you relocate it manually.   * If in 4 node RAC, I had two serverpool of two node each and if any serverpool both node crashed, how we can make sure that it can take one of the node from second available Serverpool and bring all Database/services earlier running on Serverpol A live on ServerPool 2 specify -min 1 for both serverpools so in case of two server crashes you will have always one node for each serverpool. > >TIA >Sanjay > >  Best regards --  Ludovico