HugePages

From: April Sims <aprilcsims_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 08:07:46 -0500

Anyone have some insight, knowledge, experience or best practices about huge pages in Linux?

We have new hardware: 64-bit , 32GB Memory , Linux 6, Oracle 11.2.0.3, OS-encrypted filesystem, Native Network Encryption, 2 physical and logical standbys in this configuration.
ERP system, lots of dedicated connections.

We need to implement this quickly as the hardware is on site. My understanding is that we are a good candidate for this type of configuration and just don't want to make a major mistake along the way due to inexperience. Lots of blog posts out there but the ones I have seen are several years old.

Current SGA is 8GB for a single database due to migrated to the new hardware along with a couple of smaller databases......we do see occasional CPU spikes on the current hardware but that is the only issue on the older system without huge pages.

--
April C. Sims
IOUG SELECT Journal Editor