Re: Migrating to a new SAN storage

From: Maaz Anjum <maazanjum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2014 15:17:48 -0400

Ali,

If you have an environment where you can test the steps beforehand, please do so.

  • Provision new devices to the OS.
  • Create new ASM disks via asmlib (same size as the existing disks).
  • Add the newly created ASM Disks to the relevant diskgroups.
  • Once the rebalance is complete, remove the older USP disks from the relevant diskgroups - wait for rebalance to complete.
  • The next step is tedious, you (or your linux admin) will have to carefully identify the USP devices.
  • Remove the USP devices from each host.

Pray that there's isn't a mix-up with the last step :)

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Maaz

--