Re: how to backup ASM diskgroup

From: Justin Mungal <justin_at_n0de.ws>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 13:28:18 -0500

I'm assuming you're using Enterprise Edition since you mentioned Data Guard is in use. Enterprise Edition comes with quite a few built in solutions for fixing logical corruption.

You may want to look at using flashback technologies to reverse the corruption. You can also set a time delay on your standby. For example, if you set a time delay of 2 hours, then if logical corruption occurs on the primary it won't apply on the standby until 2 hours later.

If features like this could work for you, you could avoid the complex set up work and instead develop tested procedures for reversing logical corruption based on features that are already a part of the database.