RE: CRS license (No RAC)

From: Chitale, Hemant K <Hemant-K.Chitale_at_sc.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 15:24:33 +0800

Good point.

I’ve installed 11gR2 Grid Infrastructure and used ASM for a non-RAC database a few times.

Nadeem,

You can use GI to configure Oracle Restart as well (if you want Oracle Restart)

See 4.2.2 at http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/server.112/e10803/config_storage.htm#HABPT5233

Hemant K Chitale

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Niall Litchfield Sent: Wednesday, July 16, 2014 2:26 AM
To: Justin Mungal
Cc: sinosuse_at_gmail.com; nadeem.m.khan_at_gmail.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org; Andrew Kerber Subject: Re: CRS license (No RAC)

I'd have thought ASM had enough advantages myself.

On 15 Jul 2014 18:28, "Justin Mungal" <justin_at_n0de.ws> wrote:

What's your plan? Just wanting to learn GI itself?

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 11:06 AM, Nadeem M. Khan <nadeem.m.khan_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Thank you all for your insights. I'll pursue this further with Oracle. I can go without CRS as this is not a production environment and see no significant advantages in using CRS without RAC.

On Tuesday, July 15, 2014, Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com> wrote:

For any Oracle licensing questions, you should ask Oracle. Any answers you get here are unofficial.

On Tue, Jul 15, 2014 at 8:46 AM, Suse Shi <sinosuse_at_gmail.com> wrote:

yes simply it's free, (No extra license) if the upper apps/db are of oracle products.

Regards,

-suse

        Hi, If I want to install 11g on RHEL single node with CRS, would I need a RAC license? I do not intend to use RAC and will set it to off.

        This isn't One Node.

        Thanks in advance.

--

Regards,
-suse

--

Andrew W. Kerber

This email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete all copies and notify the sender immediately. You may wish to refer to the incorporation details of Standard Chartered PLC, Standard Chartered Bank and their subsidiaries at https://www.sc.com/en/incorporation-details.html.
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jul 16 2014 - 09:24:33 CEST

Original text of this message