OT: Linux df question

From: Sweetser, Joe <JSweetser_at_icat.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2014 17:17:06 +0000

A bit of strangeness on a new server.

$ cat /etc/redhat-release
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.1 (Santiago)

Systems team had the system up but could not get a 10gb ethernet card to work. However, the output of df -h was normal when logged in as the oracle user.

They did something yesterday (new card at a minimum) and now the 10gb interface works but the df command throws an error (though it does complete). This doesn't appear to be causing any issues but it does bug me a bit. I can't find much online about the error other than the grub file down that tree is needed for booting.

(oracle)
$ df -h

/dev/sda7 73G 5.5G 64G 8% /
tmpfs 95G 88K 95G 1% /dev/shm
/dev/sda2 200M 24M 176M 12% /boot
df: `/boot/efi': Permission denied
/dev/sda6 97G 22G 71G 24% /opt
/dev/sda3 842G 4.7G 794G 1% /u01
/dev/sda4 842G 58G 742G 8% /u02
/dev/sda8 837G 7.7G 787G 1% /u03
/dev/sdb1 2.8T 58G 2.6T 3% /u04

(root)
# df -h

/dev/sda7 73G 5.5G 64G 8% /
tmpfs 95G 88K 95G 1% /dev/shm
/dev/sda2 200M 24M 176M 12% /boot
/dev/sda1 200M 256K 200M 1% /boot/efi
/dev/sda6 97G 22G 71G 24% /opt
/dev/sda3 842G 4.7G 794G 1% /u01
/dev/sda4 842G 58G 742G 8% /u02
/dev/sda8 837G 7.7G 787G 1% /u03
/dev/sdb1 2.8T 58G 2.6T 3% /u04
# ls -ld /boot drwx------ 4 root root 16384 Dec 31 1969 /boot # ls -ld /boot/efi drwx------ 3 root root 16384 Dec 31 1969 /boot/efi Any/all ideas/comments welcome.

Thanks,
-joe

Confidentiality Note: This message contains information that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not use, copy, disclose, distribute or take any action based on this message. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply email and delete this message. Although ICAT, Underwriters at Lloyd's, Syndicate 4242, scans e-mail and attachments for viruses, it does not guarantee that either are virus-free and accepts no liability for any damage sustained as a result of viruses. Thank you.