RE: Performance problem in view joining UNION ALL three tables

From: Iggy Fernandez <iggy_fernandez_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 17:56:31 -0700

And in 12c, UNION ALL can also be executed in parallel. Partitioned views are the best kept secret of Oracle Database. They will never go away (regardless of the fact that the last time they were found in the documentation is Oracle 7) because they can do things that "heavy-duty" partitioning cannot. For example, the partitions can be on remote databases. The partitions can have different structures (heap, IOT, cluster) and can have different indexes. Iggy