Re: Sun Servers

From: Mark Burgess <mark_at_burgess-consulting.com.au>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 09:06:57 +1000

Ronan,

we have deployed a couple of X4-2L for a customer - environment is 11.2.0.4 on Solaris 11.1 x86_64. I have been very impressed with what the Solaris 11.1/Zones/ZFS combination provides. We have the database servers on the X4-2L mounting a ZFS storage server over dNFS via a 10G and 1G combiation. The X4-2L have been provisioned with 4xF80 flash cards in them as well that have allowed us to allocate specific flash devices to different zones as required. It is a very powerful and flexible platform to deploy databases and application servers on.

Regards,

Mark