RE: Network ACL or not

From: Freeman, Donald G. CTR (ABL) <"Freeman,>
Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2014 20:11:05 +0000

I think most "companies" wouldn't know what an ACL was if it was rolled up and stuck in their eye. Oracle features get adopted because a particular skilled advocate outshouts some other technology enthusiast who has a different method of implementing "X." At best, we implement cook-book solutions from a list of "best-practices" probably without understanding the implications of the implementation or how to properly test it. I can tell you the impetus to change or upgrade anything is usually based more on the negative factors of a product going off support than any benefit to be gained by upgrading something. Sorry ...caught me during an unusually happy moment ....