RE: TNS_ADMIN, RAC and SCAN LISTENERS

From: Nabil Jamaleddin <nmjamaleddin_at_multiservice.com>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 13:13:36 -0500

Thanks Ryan,

This solved my issue!

crsctl modify resource ora.LISTENER_SCAN1.lsnr -attr USR_ORA_ENV=TNS_ADMIN=/u01/app/tnsadmin

crsctl modify resource ora.LISTENER_SCAN2.lsnr -attr USR_ORA_ENV=TNS_ADMIN=/u01/app/tnsadmin

crsctl modify resource ora.LISTENER_SCAN3.lsnr -attr USR_ORA_ENV=TNS_ADMIN=/u01/app/tnsadmin

From: Ryan January [mailto:rjanuary_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 12:59 PM
To: nmjamaleddin_at_multiservice.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: TNS_ADMIN, RAC and SCAN LISTENERS

I've noticed similar behavior in the past. Another option you have may be crsctl modify resource

.

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E11882_01/rac.112/e41959/crsref.htm#CWADD91551

crsctl modify resource resource_name -attr "attribute_name=attribute_value"

On Jul 2, 2014, at 12:46 PM, Nabil Jamaleddin <nmjamaleddin_at_multiservice.com> wrote:

I am in the process of moving the grid sqlnet files to a new folder.

I have set TNS_ADMIN in the oracle and grid homes.

I have also ran the two commands below

srvctl setenv listener -t TNS_ADMIN=/u01/app/tnsadmin

srvctl setenv db -d db1 -t TNS_ADMIN=/u01/app/tnsadmin

now when I start my listeners they will start from the TNS_ADMIN folder.

srvctl start listener

but when I start my scan listeners they start from the GRID_HOME/network/admin

srvctl start scan_listener

What am I missing? How do I get my scan listeners to start from the TNS_ADMIN folder?

And I don't want to create a symbolic link...that just feels to wrong for me to do : - )

Thanks!

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete the email.

--

This email is intended solely for the use of the addressee and may contain information that is confidential, proprietary, or both. If you receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and delete the email.

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Wed Jul 02 2014 - 20:13:36 CEST

Original text of this message