Re: How much advisable is to migrate from oracle server to linux server 0-100?

From: Juan Carlos Reyes Pacheco <jcdrpllist_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2014 18:25:06 -0400

Thank you Hans
I'm not sure about the windows admin skill could solve the problem, my problem are my database skill because I'm an oracle developer ocp and oracle database ocp, more developer than dba. In example we had a problem an ora-600 in a view didn't compile, we couldn't find a workaround, so we upgraded 11.2.0.3. to patch 15, or when we had problems in upgrade I couldn't solve we change to export import,
And the bugs had been continuing appearing in a way made us think in find more reliability, because customers are not happy in that situations.

The question is about the bugs in windows, because apparently and based on the way I observe in several years, apparently the windows patchs could be introducing indirectly some bugs in the database, and in Oracle Linux, the patchs are tested for Oracle database, this could mean less problems and a better stability.
:)