Re: higher version Standby database?

From: Marcin Przepiorowski <pioro1_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2014 23:45:56 +0100

Hi,

Your standby DB can use home 10.2.0.5 but it doesn't mean it has been upgraded to that version.
You can be still able to apply redo but this is very risky as new binaries can just corrupt old database.

I think safest option will be to create flashback restore point on standby, stop recovery, activate it and open using startup upgrade and run catupgrd.sql script. Keep in mind that you can apply changes from current primary after you active standby and start upgrade process - so probably you need to shutdown your application for that time.

regards,
Marcin Przepiorowski

--
Marcin Przepiorowski