Re: higher version Standby database?

From: Chen Zhou <oracle.unknowns_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 21:25:19 -0700

Hi,
Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Jack,
The situation is the primary is at lower version (10.2.0.4 RAC) and the standby was created using a higher version binary (10.2.0.5). Ian,
The preliminary test in Dev shows the application works with 10.2.0.5. So the application probably works with 10.2.0.5. It seems to me recreating a 10.2.0.4 standby and upgrade at a later time is a safer approach in this case. I will pass your suggestions on to my colleague.
Thank you,
Chen