Re: Q: redo bytes statistics is it sum of all members or not ?

From: amihay gonen <agonenil_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jun 2014 14:48:23 +0300

thanks for the quick response.

I still don't understand . that stat : physical write total bytes according to oracle doc is
"Total size in bytes of all disk writes for the database instance including application activity, backup and recovery, and other utilities. The difference between this value and "physical write bytes" gives the total write size in bytes by non-application workload."

  1. is this metric means all writes (include dbwr writes ) ?
  2. if I reduce physical write total bytes-physical write bytes it will be equal to redo size+ redo wastage ? is lgwr part of application work load .
  3. is the answer to 1 is true , the mulitple "physical write total bytes" * redo_memebers_number , won't give correct answer.

thanks for your time,
amihay

On Wed, Jun 25, 2014 at 1:39 PM, Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk